Awards are tremendous, especially when funky town seems to be the address on all the junk mail. Awards just make you feel better, lift up your spirits and stroke you spine. Awards are nearly better than the first cuppa coffee (note I said nearly cause nothing, not one single thing on the face of earth is better than that first cuppa joe).
Recently I received two fabulous awards from two fabulous fellow bloggers. I follow these gentlemen and scholars and adore their contributions to our communities. I am most humbled they would think to consider me of merit.
Each of these awards carries special properties so I must with due diligence address them separately. Without further ado, in the order received:
Beautiful Blogger Award from http://chiefwritingwolf.com/
The rules ask that I link back to the person awarding me, thank you Alejandro this is most kind of you. The rules also require me to list 7 random things about myself. Hmmmm…where shall I start? There isn’t much I haven’t already revealed about myself on these pages, not many things you don’t already know, here goes nothing.
- I know how to twirl tassels, left, right and in opposite directions
- I have belly danced in public
- I was born with a third nipple, my mother had it burned off when I was 11 she was embarrassed by it
- I sleep with a light on, always
- I am mostly night blind which is why I despise driving in the dark
- I love spicy foods and will eat them until my taste buds are burned out for the day
- I love the taste of Ten Gin, I don’t drink anymore due to epilepsy but when I did Ten straight up in a chilled glass was the only thing I drank (other than great wine)
I am supposed to nominate others for this award. There are so many on my list. So many I read and love, some new who deserve to be read and followed.
New to the blogging world, a wonderful voice whom I have been following since she put up her first post. http://63alicetea.wordpress.com/
Noleen astonishes me with her grit and bravery, her voice has been soaring lately and I am always happy to see her posts hit my in-box. http://wordsfallfrommyeyes.wordpress.com/
I am always breathless after visiting here. Breathless with gratitude for the open kindness, the giving heart and lessons: http://knowmyworth.com/
My friend at Daily Dose makes me think I could be braver, even if just by living vicariously through her! I await her wonderful postings and then scurry over to enjoy her adventures or simply sit back to take a bit of peace from her thoughtful offerings: http://yourdailydoseblog.com/
Soma over at http://somkritya.wordpress.com/ is simply a bit of this and a bit of that, sometimes great fun and laughter and at others, well she is simply thoughtful and beautiful.
To all those I have nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award, if you don’t accept awards, I understand. I hope you will still accept my most heartfelt appreciation of your contributions to my life through your blogging.
Now, to a slightly different one, my great appreciation to Jueseppi B over at http://theobamacrat.com/ for this nomination. It was very unexpected and so greatly appreciated. It is also very different, you will see.
Jueseppi and I met through our politics. Yes, we were on the same team and we ran across each other frequently over the last campaign season. Ultimately, I ended up following his blog to keep up with news I didn’t always find elsewhere; he has an unerring ability to ferret out information!
The Rules as Stated from The Thought Palette
Notice there is only one star up there filled in but six waiting for gold, this award is one that just keeps giving until you collect all six. Pretty cool, right? I thought this was a great idea. So here are the rules:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect! Unlike other awards, which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
There are so many great, wonderful, marvelous, thoughtful, funny …. I have run out of words for them suffice to say there are some great bloggers I follow, so many of them absolutely humble me. How do you pick just one or one hundred out of all of them? Do you pick from subject matter? Do scroll through and find some who have not received recognition for their wonderful contributions? I couldn’t decide, so I simply followed my heart and selected who had recently touched me.
Because she sometimes makes me think we might be sisters of another mother, she makes me laugh but she also makes me thoughtful: http://whyamihereinahandbasket.com/
Because she is living a life that makes perfect sense and she shares unstintingly: http://lazyhippiemama.wordpress.com/
Because her art never fails to make me smile, never once: http://adamsart.wordpress.com/
Because she is prolific, wise, funny, charming and the sister of my heart: http://mommasmoneymatters.com/
There are so many others I could elect to this award, I am going to stop here though. If you don’t accept awards, I understand just know I think you deserve it.