One of my personal muses is Red at Mommas Money Matters. She is funny, irreverent, brilliant and insightful and without doubt one of the great social commentators of our time. Today she posted http://mommasmoneymatters.com/sunshine-2/ a fun pick your own award challenge that I couldn’t resist. Not because I wanted an award, rather because I wanted the challenge (you’ll see).
Red has changed the rules of the Sunshine Award. I liked her change and her challenge. I have taken it up; I will leave it for all of you to also accept, though I will pick a different challenge for you I think.
The original Sunshine challenge includes ten questions.
- Favorite color –
- Hair – Tiger Striped including a swath of lavender
- Gems – any Blue
- Clothing – Scarlet and Black
- Favorite animal
- Dogs, Cats and Merlin the Cockatoo
- Dragons (yeah, yeah I know)
- Favorite number – Nine
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink – Coffee (stronger the better)
- Facebook or Twitter – Facebook
- My passion – My kids, Wanderlust
- Giving or getting presents – Giving always
- Favorite pattern – Sparkly (yeah, yeah I know)
- Favorite day of the week – (Sunday)
- Favorite flower – (Orchids, nearly all of them)
Reds Seamed Up
I am supposed to tell five secrets, both guess at five of Red’s previous answers to a previous award and finally write a one hundred word Flash Fiction using the word Sunshine. Because I want the big pretty award picture I am going to do all of this in just that order.
My Five Secrets (sort of):
- I drove for 5 years without a driver’s license; I didn’t apply till I was 22.
- I am depressed (clinically) without sunlight.
- I’ve had gray hair since I was 17.
- I truly despise disingenuous people more than just about anything else.
- I have smoked for 45 years; no I don’t cough in the morning!
Red’s answers (she had better answers in her second award I checked)
- Her Favorite Animal – Polar Bear
- Her Favorite Pattern – Paisley
- Her Facebook or Twitter – Google +
- Her Favorite non-alcoholic drink – Coffee
- Her Favorite Passion – Creating
Finally, Red asked that those of us who wanted to claim her pretty and intriguing new Sunshine award write a 100-word Flash Fiction, here is my entry.
“Sparkling white diamond raindrops, it seems the rain will never end. Five days and the sky is blanketed with grey to the horizon, one never ending ribbon of steel. Even the waves had taken on the same dull hues, intercepted only occasionally with the deep foaming blues and greens, as if the sea demanded attention and battled the monotony of the skies above. Would it never end? Sunset in less than five minutes the world would go from grey to black. Suddenly, the horizon flashes brilliant pink with sunshine, just one minute before dropping in the sea for the night.”
Claim Your Own –
I follow so many great Bloggers, I am not going to pick any to abuse with an Award that must in turn answer questions and follow rules. I don’t like rules myself and so won’t ask others to follow them. What I will do is this;
Add your name to My Blog Roll if you haven’t already: https://valentinelogar.com/the-blog-roll/
Pass the award on if you want or do what I and Red have done, off them up to be claimed.
Claim Sunshine Award – Answer the 10 Questions.
Claim Wendy’s Sunshine Award – Answer 10 Questions + 5 Secrets.
Claim Red’s Sunshine Award – Answer 10 Questions + 5 Secrets, Add your name to the Blog Roll, Write 100-word Flash Fiction using the word Sunshine.